Created for photographers looking to improve color accuracy and consistency from shoot to shoot, the i1 ColorChecker Photo Kit from X-Rite bundles the versatile colorimeter, for calibrating monitors, along with the photo-intended ColorChecker for to help achieve accurate color balance when editing imagery.
X-Rite i1Display Studio Colorimeter
Mixing high color accuracy with intuitiveness, the X-Rite i1Display Studio is a versatile colorimeter and software system helping to achieve consistent color profiling for all of your displays. Suitable for various monitors types, as well as projectors and mobile devices, this colorimeter pairs with the included i1Studio software to guide you through the process of calibrating your monitor. The software is wizard-driven, making it quick and easy to follow as well as seamless for maintaining color accuracy over time. The i1Display also helps to create different profiles depending on your surroundings by measuring ambient light conditions, including specific flare and glare issues. It is compatible with multiple monitor configurations, too, and permits manual adjustment over white point, luminance, contrast ratio, gamma, and other measurements.
- Supports are contemporary monitor types, including LED, plasma, RG phosphor, OLED, and LCD.
- Complete control of white point, luminance, contrast ratio, gamma, and other measurements.
- Support for popular broadcast video standards, including NTSC, PAL SECAM, Rec. 709, Rec. 2020, and DCI-P3.
- Ambient Light Measurement automatically determines the optimum display luminance for comparing prints to your display, based on a measurement of the lighting conditions where prints will be viewed.
- Flare Correct measures and adjusts your display profile for reduced contrast ratios caused by flare or glare falling on surface of display.
- Intelligent Iterative Profiling is an adaptive technology that produces optimized color accuracy results each time you profile.
- Automatic Display Control (ADC) technology automatically adjusts your display's brightness, backlighting, contrast, and color temperature to speed up the profiling process and eliminate the need for manual adjustments.
- It is possible to set the White Point from predefined values, custom X/Y values, based on measurement of ambient light, based on measurement of another display, or from previously measured values.
- Multiple display support maintains color matched consistency and up to four different displays.
- Profile reminder notifies you when it is time to re-profile your display.
- Quickly and accurately create projector profiles with intelligent adaptive profiling technology for greater color accuracy from each unique projector.
- Compact design for portability and location use.
- Integrated tripod mount benefits use in larger venues while the built-in diffuser arm also functions as a stand for tabletop applications.
Mobile Device Calibration
- Support the free ColorTRUE mobile app for calibrating the display of your mobile devices for matching the color across your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
X-Rite ColorChecker Passport Photo 2
Helping to achieve accurate color and exposure in an especially compact package, the ColorChecker Passport Photo 2from X-Rite is a portable and versatile solution to ensure rendering accuracy from the time of capture. Combining four separate targets in a pocket-sized enclosure, the Passport Photo 2 is also characterized by the updated, v1.2 Camera Calibration software for making DNG and ICC camera profiles as well as a dedicated Adobe Photoshop Lightroom plug-in for making custom post-production profiles.
Gray Balance TargetAn 18% middle gray target has been added to the Passport's design, and this neutral de facto standard target is perfect for ensuring accurate exposures when using reflective light meters as well as for removing unwanted color casts during post production.
White Balance TargetDesigned to be spectrally neutral and reflect light evenly across the visible spectrum, this white target serves as a neutral reference point to accurately compensate for different lighting conditions. Compared to other seemingly plain, white objects, the spectral response of this target ensures greater accuracy and consistency for creating white balance settings while shooting.
Classic TargetA compact version of the industry standard ColorChecker Classic target, this 24-patch grid is used to ensure accurate color rendering from capture to post-production. It is used in conjunction with calibration software to create custom profiles and allows you to compare camera response to various lighting conditions. The 24 patches represent common colors of natural objects, including sky blue, skin tones, and green foliage, and each patch has been individually colored to produce a solid tone of pure, flat, and rich color with natural reflectivity.
In addition to Color Calibration v1.2 software, this target is also supported by Hasselblad Phocus, Black Magic DaVinci Resolve, and 3D LUT Creator software.
Creative Enhancement TargetDesigned for creative color applications, this target includes four rows of color patches for adding repeatable color effects in post-production by selecting the patch with an eyedropper tool. There are two rows of warming and cooling patches in the middle of the target for adding consistent color tone effects to images. The bottom row consists of clipping patches for making black and white point adjustments, and these patches are separated into light and dark groups with 1/3-stop differences between them, with the exception of the last patch which has a 1/10-stop difference, and results in a 32:1 or 5-stop total dynamic range. The top row includes eight hue, saturation, and lightness spectrum patches for ensuring color accuracy across all hues to better asses and edit for unwanted color shift.
Color Calibration SoftwareUpdated to version 1.2, the available Color Calibration software works in conjunction with the Passport Photo 2 to help create custom color profiles and achieve accurate colors during post-production. This revised version offers the ability to create both DNG and ICC camera profiles using the ColorChecker Classic target. The software automatically recognizes the target for straightforward use and, after creating color profiles for different lighting conditions, this process helps to minimize color differences between shoots, better adapt for mixed lighting conditions, and match color balance from scene to scene.
For even greater flexibility, dual-illuminant DNG profiles can be created, which combine images taken under two different light sources in order to create a single profile that can be applied to an even wider variety of lighting conditions. These profiles can be created using any two of 21 supported illuminants in order to offer greater freedom to shoot between various lighting conditions without having to switch profiles.
Additionally, beyond the dedicated Color Calibration software, an Adobe Photoshop Lightroom plug-in is also available for creating custom camera profiles directly in Lightroom Classic and Lightroom Classic CC.
Passport CaseOne of the distinguishing features of the Passport Photo 2 is, of course, its pocketable passport-style case. Compared to other oversized targets, which tend to be fragile or susceptible to damage, the compact form factor of the Passport along with the hard-plastic and travel-sized case, makes it easy to carry at all times. The case is also self-standing for propping up the targets in the scene. Additionally, a lanyard is included to keep the targets handy while on a shoot.
- Additional Information
Brand XRite VPN EODISSTUCCPP-B