AZDEN PRO-XR 2.4 GHz Wireless Microphone System
- For Run & Gun, Interviews & Vlogging
- Omnidirectional Clip-On Lavalier Mic
- Compact Bodypack Transmitter
- Receiver with External Antenna
To collect in store, choose click and collect during checkout
Call or chat for support
Orders over $50*some restrictions apply
Shop in one of our stores
You don't have to be an audio expert to achieve reliable, hassle-free wireless audio with the Azden PRO-XR, a lavalier digital wireless microphone system that's ideal for run-and-gun video shoots, interviews, and vlog production on your DSLR camera or smartphone.
The PRO-XR offers exceptionally reliable and robust 2.4 GHz wireless performance using proprietary Signal Redundancy technology, adjustable 20/50/100mW transmitter RF output, and an external antenna design. This combination helps avoid signal interference and prevents dropouts at a range up to 500 feet.
This system features an omnidirectional lavalier microphone, a compact bodypack transmitter, a camera-mount receiver, and a slew of accessories optimized for mobile video production. Plug the mic into the transmitter, connect the receiver to your camera or smartphone, then power up and go.
The transmitter can send the mic signal to up to four receivers at once, a powerful feature for a 2.4 GHz system and great for shoots with several B-roll cameras operating simultaneously. In addition, up to 4 mic systems can operate at the same location at the same time.
Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion batteries ensure that you'll have plenty of operating time, even for all-day shoots. Whether you work with a smartphone, camcorder, or mirrorless/DSLR, the PRO-XR provides the simplicity you need for fast setups, and the dependability you require for every gig, even in busy RF environments.
- Clip the lavalier microphone to your subject's clothing, then connect it to the transmitter's 3.5mm mic input. Alternatively, you can route signal from a mixer or recorder into the transmitter's 3.5mm aux input.
- Weighing just over two ounces, the compact transmitter can be conveniently placed in a pocket or affixed at the waist via its belt clip.
- Equally compact, the portable receiver includes mounting facilities to allow attachment to a camera, tripod, camera cage, or boompole. Its two 3.5mm outputs enable simultaneous connection to your recording device and a pair of headphones.
- Upon powering on the receiver and transmitter, the PRO-XR is ready to streamline your workflow. There are no menus, groups, channels, or frequencies to worry about.
- No learning curves means that you can spend more time on your content, and less time fussing with settings.
- 2.4 GHz Range: The PRO-XR operates in the 2.4 GHz ISM band, away from TV and Bluetooth signal interference.
- Frequency Spectrum Auto-Scan: The PRO-XR automatically scans the 2.4 GHz frequency spectrum and selects the 12 best available frequencies to use for its connection.
- Signal-Redundancy Technology: As an additional layer of protection, the PRO-XR employs Azden’s proprietary Signal Redundancy technology. The transmitter sends two copies of its signal to the receiver at all times, each on a different frequency. If the system predicts interference of the primary signal, it will instantly switch to using the secondary signal without any interruptions.
- Automatic Interference Avoidance: The PRO-XR constantly monitors the RF spectrum. When it detects the possibility of an interference, it automatically and seamlessly changes its transmission frequency to a clean one.
- Internal 1200 mAh lithium-ion batteries power the receiver and transmitter for hours upon hours—up to 20 hours for the receiver, and up to 10 to 14 hours for the transmitter (depending on RF power output).
- Recharge the batteries in just 2.5 hours via mini-USB, which can also power the units while charging.
- Change the transmission RF output power of the transmitter to adapt to challenging RF environments. Use the default 20mW setting for optimal battery life.
- Increase the RF output power to 50mW or 100mW for better reception at extreme distances, or to overcome line-of-sight obstructions and over-crowded Wi-Fi environments.
- Combining the 100mW output with the use of the included high-gain transmitter antenna can extend the range of the system up to an incredible 500 feet.
- Low system latency of 4.5 ms.
- 3.5mm mic and headphone outputs on receiver allow simultaneous connection to your recorder and headphones.
- 3.5mm mix and aux inputs on transmitter for connection of a lav/headset mic or a feed from a mixer/recorder.
- Omnidirectional electret condenser microphone provides reliable sound pickup regardless of its angle of orientation
- Includes a clamp-style phone mount with an accessory shoe mount.
- Includes a 3.5mm TRRS adapter cable for smartphones and tablets, and a Lightning-to-headphone adapter for iOS mobile devices that don't have a 3.5mm headphone jack.