Pairing a professional 4K camera with a full-frame, powered zoom lens, this PXW-FS7 4K XDCAM Super35 Camcorder Kit with 28 to 135mm Zoom Lens from Sonyprovides you with a camera and lens system ready for today's 4K single-camera productions. Well suited to documentaries, news magazines, or as the base of a kit to build upon for commercial production. The camera supports simultaneous or relay recording of HD or UHD 4K to integrated XQD media card slots.
The included Sony 28 to 135mm power zoom lens covers the full frame format, and supports 4K resolution. It features a Sony E-mount, which allows it to mount directly on the camera without requiring an adapter. The power zoom features a constant maximum aperture of f/4, so there is no exposure ramping as you zoom. It features separate geared focus, zoom, and iris rings for manual image control.
Sony FE PZ 28-135mm f/4 G OSS Lens
Designed to satisfy 4K production requirements, the Sony FE PZ 28-135mm f/4 G OSS Lens is a wide-ranging zoom lens that covers wide-angle to telephoto perspectives while adding many features for your full-frame, APS-C, or E-mount camcorder or still photography camera system. The lens features a powered zoom control with a variable speed and zoom rotation direction reversal capability. Powering the zoom function is an SSM (Super Sonic wave Motor) drive that allows precision and quiet operation. Focus noise is also minimized through weight reduction of the focus element group and use of a linear motor. Iris function is also designed to be smooth and silent for cinematography demands.
Angle of view variations while focusing (breathing) and axial displacement while zooming have been reduced while five aspherical elements and three ED elements work with advanced multi-coating technology to minimize distortion and chromatic aberrations while also contributing to sharper overall imagery with enhanced contrast and clarity.
Independent control rings for zoom, focus, and iris (aperture) are provided for and the focus mode can be switched from auto to manual by sliding the focus ring forward so control is maintained at all times. All three control rings have been engineered to provide the right amount of torque for comfortable, responsive operation and the pitch of the scalloping on the rings has been designed for comfortable, slip-free control.
A constant f/4 maximum aperture offers consistent performance throughout the zoom range and is especially beneficial when working with greater zoom magnifications in low-light conditions. Also benefiting working in dim light or at the long end of the zoom range is Optical SteadyShot image stabilization, which works to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to four shutter speed steps.
- Powered 8-speed zoom provides a 28-135mm focal length range, covering wide-angle to telephoto perspectives
- Power zoom designed for cinema productions and full frame cameras
- Features Sony's original Nano AR Coating technology designed to effectively suppress reflections that can cause flare and ghosting. The precisely defined regular nano-structure allows accurate light transmission, contributing to high-quality images, even more so than lenses with coatings that use an irregular nano-structure
- Three control rings (for zoom, focus, iris) offer manual control for demanding large format productions. The focus mode can be switched from auto to manual simply by sliding the focus ring forward so control is maintained at all times. Zoom speed can be precisely controlled over a wide range, with zoom rotation direction reversal capability. All three control rings have been engineered to provide ideal torque for comfortable, responsive operation. Even the pitch of the scalloping on the rings has been designed for comfortable, slip-free control
- Sony's advanced iris control and linear AF motor drive system achieve quiet focusing that is also extremely responsive. Part of the reason that focus control is so quiet is that original Sony linear motors are contactless, with no gears or mechanical coupling to generate noise
- The world's first SSM (Super Sonic wave Motor) drive in a cinema lens for quiet zoom and smooth iris control
- Maintains plane of focus while zooming and maintains field of view while focusing (important for video)
- Delivers smooth tracking throughout the zoom range at any speed and eliminates any axial image shifting. Zooming is quiet as well as responsive thanks to advanced mechanical actuator design
- Features an optical design and control technology inherited from Sony's professional camcorders that ensure no breathing while focusing
- Constant f/4 maximum aperture enables greater consistency throughout the zoom range and benefits working in dim conditions with longer focal lengths
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization works to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to four shutter speed steps to benefit shooting handheld in dim lighting and with greater zoom magnifications
- Three extra-low dispersion elements and five aspherical elements helps to reduce chromatic aberrations and distortion throughout the zoom range while also contributing to overall image sharpness and clarity
Sony PXW-FS7 XDCAM Super 35 Camera System
Designed as a camera that is at home on productions as diverse as "Cinéma Vérité"-style documentaries, reality TV, commercial and corporate applications Sony's PXW-FS7 XDCAM Super 35 Camera System is a flexible 4K camera system. It features a Super 35mm size sensor that allows you to capture images with cinematic depth of field. The camera's E-mount is machined from stainless steel and allows you to use E-mount lenses or with the use of optional adapters to accept most 35mm lenses including PL, EF, Leica, and Nikon. The camera can capture footage to optional on-board XQD media cards in either DCI (4096 x 2160), UHD (3840 x 2160) at up to 60 FPS or HD at up to 180 FPS.
The camera records in your choice of XAVC-I, XAVC-L, or MPEG-2. However, MPEG-2 recording does not support the high data rates the camera is capable of generating when shooting in UHD, and is limited to recording HD video only. The camera incorporates Dual XQD media card slots that support simultaneous or relay recording. An ergonomically designed handgrip provides control of many of the camera's functions and features an adjustable length support arm.
XQD-G-E Card FirmwareTo use the the faster XQD-G-E cards requires an update to firmware 4.00 available from the Sony website.
Firmware 2.0The Firmware 2.0 update is installed on the camera, it is a free download and user install for camera owners who do not already have it installed in their camera. The firmware 2.0 update adds the following features to your camera:
- 1.Expands audio recording to four channels audio at 24-bit, 48 KHz.
- 2.Supports DCI compliant 4096 x 2160 XAVC-Intra-frame recording up to 60 fps.
- 3.Adds HD Apple ProRes codecs to enable progressive and interlaced HQ and 422 recording.
- 4.Eliminates "Magenta Cast" in WB preset mode.
- 5.Renames "Color Temp
" menu parameter to "Preset White"
- 6.Eliminates need to re-enable "Steady Shot" after power ON/OFF cycle.
- 7.Retains "Paint Menu" settings after power OFF/ON cycle.
- The 4K Super35 EXMOR sensor features 14 Stops of latitude and a wide color gamut. It offers a choice of XAVC or MPEG-2 codecs. The XAVC codec can be used for 4K and HD recording, while MPEG-2 is limited to HD recording. XAVC comes in two flavors, XAVC INTRA, and XAVC Long, allowing you to encode from HD to UHD using Intra-Frame or Long GoP compression with 10-bit 422 for HD and the choice of 10-bit 422 or 8-bit 420 for UHD. XAVC intra compression is very efficient, recording at modest bit rates and XAVC Long also substantially extends the recording time while attaining very high quality and low noise.
- The PXW-FS7 is equipped with an E-Mount machined from solid Stainless Steel for stability and strength. It accepts optional E-Mount lenses from Sony, Zeiss and other manufacturers. The shallow flange distance allows you to mount most 35mm lens types such as PL, DSLR and legacy SLR lenses including Canon EF, Leica, and Nikon as well as many others with mechanical adapters.
- The camera body is made from magnesium, which is lighter and stronger than aluminum. This allows the camera body to weigh only four pounds. It's incorporates a shoulder pad and is designed to sit on the operator's shoulder or by extending the support arm of the SmartGrip to be held in front of the operator without requiring a support rig.
- The camera includes an ergonomic handgrip that Sony calls a SmartGrip, which features Zoom, Start/Stop and Assign controls. The SmartGrip facilitates camera operation with the right hand, leaving the left hand free to operate the lens. Both the arm and handgrip can be positioned at different angles permitting great flexibility.
- FS7 records internally in 4K up to 60fps in UHD 3840x2160 and in HD up to 180fps using XAVC-I or up to 120fps with XAVC-L. Recording Apple ProRes to the internal XQD slots requires an optional EXCA-FS7 extension box and future upgrade.
- 4K (4096 x 2160) is available when using an optional external recorder.
- The camera features two XQD media slots that support simultaneous or relay recording. The camera also has an SD card slot that is only used for saving configuration data, and cannot be used to record video.
- Additional Information
Brand Sony VPN PXWFS7K