CANON RF 5.2mm F2.8 L Dual Fisheye Lens for Virtual Reality
Available For Pre-Order
To collect in store, choose click and collect during checkout
Call or chat for support
Orders over $50*some restrictions apply
Shop in one of our stores
Add a whole new dimension to your story with the RF5.2mm F2.8 L Dual Fisheye lens. As part of the EOS VR System – this lens paired with the EOS R5 updated with firm-
ware 1.5.0 or higher and one of Canon’s VR software solutions - you can create immersive 3D that can be experienced when viewed on compatible head mount displays
including the Oculus Quest 2 and more.* Viewers will be able to take in the scene with a vivid, wide field of view by simply moving their head. This is the world’s first digital
interchangeable lens that can capture stereoscopic 3D 180° VR imagery to a single image sensor.*^ Now, creators can go from traditional stills or video shooting to stereo-
scopic 3D capture with a simple lens swap. The pairing of this lens and the EOS R5 camera brings high resolution video recording at up to 8K DCI 30p and 4K DCI 60p.
With a beautifully engineered folded optical design, the dual high-performance L-series fisheye lenses combine imagery onto a single image sensor delivering impressive
results to a single file. This can help simplify your workflow by eliminating the need to sync and stitch multiple video files. An integral part of the EOS VR System, Canon’s
EOS VR Utility software can easily convert footage to your choice of editing software. For Adobe® Premiere Pro® users, the EOS VR Plug-in software can help streamline
your editing process. Both paid subscription-based software solutions (currently in development with availability and details to follow on or about early 2022) allow for conve-
With this lens paired with an EOS R5 camera, creatives, industry professionals and newcomers to VR can create an immersive experience, capturing dynamic scenes for
entertainment, tourism, training & education, real estate, storytelling or anywhere you want to bring your audience to.
• Add a whole new dimension to your story by creating an immersive 3D experience with compatible head mount displays such as the Oculus Quest
2 and more. Viewers will be able to take in the scene with a vivid, wide field of view by simply moving their head.
• The world’s first digital interchangeable lens capable of enabling stereoscopic 3D 180° VR shooting to a single image sensor.
• EOS VR System – this lens combined with a compatible Canon camera equipped with firmware optimized for VR shooting, along with a paid subscription-based software (Canon’s EOS VR Utility or EOS VR Plug-in for Adobe Premiere Pro – currently in development with availability and
details to follow on or about early 2022).
• Capture stereoscopic 3D with an interpupillary distance of 60mm for natural parallax and with a 190° field of view to closely resemble human vision
in 180° VR.
• High quality L-Series RF mount lens optimized for a folded optical path with two optical systems featuring 2 UD lenses.
• Streamlined VR workflow – by recording left and right fisheye images to a single Full-frame image sensor, a single image file is output, helping to
solve a common VR stitching and syncing challenge.
• Impressive flare control in backlit conditions from use of SWC (subwavelength structure coating).
• Versatility for your scene’s lighting with a maximum aperture of f/2.8 to a deep depth of field f/16.
• Compact, lightweight, and portable – The size and weight of this lens makes it easy to use – even when shooting in tight spaces – and easy to
carry in a camera bag.
• Dust- and water-resistant sealing with fluorine coating for durability and peace of mind.
*Must be paired with the Canon EOS R5 camera equipped with firmware update version 1.5.0 or later and utilize Canon EOS VR Software solution(s) (paid subscription). Viewing in 3D requires the use of a compatible Head Mount Display.
Whats in the box:
- RF5.2mm F2.8 L Dual Fisheye Lens
- Lens Case LS1014
- Lens Cap 5.2
- Lens Dust Cap RF
- Hexagon Wrench
|Lens Mount||Canon RF|
|Aperture Type||f/2.8 – f/16 (1/3 stops, 1/2 stops)|
|Minimum Focus Distance||0.66 ft. (7.9 in.) / 0.2 m|
|Diagonal Angle of View||190° 00'|
|Dust and Splash Resistant||Provided (rubber ring on lens mount)|