HOYA HD3 Circular Polarizer 67mm
While Supplies Last!
- Clearance Price. Marked down from $159.90
- 67mm Circular Polarizer Filter
- 5-year Limited Warranty when purchased from a USA Authorized Retailer
To collect in store, choose click and collect during checkout
Call or chat for support
Orders over $50*some restrictions apply
Shop in one of our stores
The Hoya 67mm Circular Polarizer HD3 Filter is developed to exceed the sharpness needs of 50-megapixel cameras entering the market, the Hoya HD3 Circular Polarizer camera filter sports a new and improved 16-layer ultra-smooth, ultra-hard nano-coating that is 2x sharper and 200% harder than the award-winning HD2 Circular Polarizer. Combined with Hoya's exclusive High-Transparency polarizing film that allows 2/3rds of a stop more light transmission than standard circular polarizing films, the new HD3 Circular polarizer is faster, sharper, and "Hoya Tough". The new HD3 series of filters consists of a Circular Polirizing in common sizes ranging from 37mm to 82mm. Hoya selected a premium high transmission polarizing film that yields 40% greater light transmission than standard PL films. This translates to an additional 2/3rds of a stop of light passing through the filter for an overall 92% light transmission rate. Photographers now have more shutter-speed and aperture combinations to work with in those critical light conditions. Building on the brand's reputation for producing the toughest filters on the planet, Hoya engineers have developed a new ultra-hard nano-coating formula in addition to a new process for applying layers of antireflective coating to the HD3 glass.
Circular polarizing filters allow photographers to achieve creative, in-camera, effects not possible after the image is created. A polarizing filter simply filters out unwanted reflections from non-metallic surfaces such as water and glass in addition to light reflecting off moisture and pollution in the atmosphere. By rotating ultra-smooth filter you can select just the right amount of filtration needed to achieve the creative effect. This results in bluer skies, greener leaves, reduced or eliminated reflections, and greater clarity in your final image.
These two factors combine to yield a coating that is 800% harder than the optical coating on the previous generation of filters. The HD3 professional filter features a new 32-layer proprietary coating system that greatly reduces or eliminates reflections on the surface of the glass and yields a 99.7% light transmission rate. This means the filter has virtually no effect on the color balance, contrast, or clarity of the final image. Additionally, the hardened, antistatic top-layer is water repellent, stain and scratch resistant, and cleans easily when smudges or fingerprints are introduced to the surface.
The Circular polarizing filters in the new HD3 series utilize a lightweight, one-piece, low-profile aluminum frame to house the glass. This one-piece design allows the filter to maintain perfect parallel alignment to the sensor plane for maximum sharpness, while the low-profile frame eliminates vignetting when used on ultra-wide-angle lenses.
- NEW and IMPROVED ultra-smooth nano-coating is 200% harder for ultimate protection and cleaning
- NEW 16-layer Ultra-Hard Nano Multi-Coating process creates the sharpest consumer circular polarizer available
- NEW 16 layer Hoya proprietary coating system reduces reflections and produces vibrant colors
- NEW Multi-coating technology yields 92% light transmission and is extremely scratch & stain resistant and water & oil repellent
- High-transparency UV absorbing polarizing film transmits 2/3 stop more light than standard PL films
- Super thin, lightweight, 2-piece aluminum frame will not vignette on wide-angle lenses
- Knurled edges on both rings allow for easy use, attachment and removal from lens
- Front filter threated accepts lens caps and other filters for stacking