A wide, fast prime designed for Leica M-mount rangefinder cameras, the black Summilux-M 28mm f/1.4 ASPH. Lens excels in low-light conditions and is also characterized by its consistent sharpness and clarity throughout the aperture and focusing ranges. One aspherical element and a floating elements system, as well as seven elements made from anomalous partial dispersion glass, help to produce color-correct, sharp imagery with minimal distortion and aberrations. The manual focus design of the lens is aided by a focusing tab for critical control and the fast f/1.4 also lends itself to selective focus control for isolating specific subjects within the frame. Featuring a versatile wide-angle focal length with a sophisticated optical design, the Summilux-M 28mm f/1.4 ASPH. rounds out the full set of fast-aperture primes dedicated to offering the utmost in imaging capabilities.
- Wide-angle prime is well-suited to everyday shooting as well as landscape, reportage, and architectural applications.
- Fast f/1.4 maximum aperture benefits working in low-light conditions and also offers greater control over shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
- One aspherical element helps to control spherical aberrations and distortions at all aperture and focus positions for improved sharpness, even illumination, and reduced vignetting.
- Seven anomalous partial dispersion elements and three cemented elements suppress color fringing and chromatic aberrations and contribute to natural color rendering and high contrast imagery.
- Floating elements system maintains consistent image quality throughout the focusing range.
- Manual focus design provides a minimum focusing distance of 2.3' with a maximum magnification ratio of 1:21.9.
- Additional Information
Brand Leica VPN 11668 Lens Mount Leica M Autofocus No Image Stabilization No