For advanced photography with precise control, look no further than the TS-E 50mm f/2.8L Macro. It takes an L-series optical formula that includes two UD lens elements and adds extensive tilt-and shift movements for a combination of precision and quality that can be ideal for macro photography, advertising, architecture and more. Delivering reliable and versatile use both in the studio and in the field, it has large, easily operated knobs and locking mechanisms, sophisticated construction, plus a convenient minimum focusing distance of 10 in./0.27m. As part of Canon's expanded line of TS-E lenses ranging from ultra-wide angle to mid-telephoto, the TS-E 50mm f/2.8L Macro offers a level of performance that can be ideal for working professionals and enthusiasts alike.
Complementing the operation of the lens, this L-series prime is also distinguished by its optical design that features a pair of Ultra-Low Dispersion elements to significantly reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations as well as one aspherical element to minimize spherical aberrations and distortion. Individual elements also feature both Air Sphere and Subwavelength Coatings to suppress flare and ghosting for greater contrast and color neutrality.
- Perspective control, tilt-shift lens affords +/- 12mm of shift and +/- 8.5° of tilt, and both types of movements can be applied independently, and parallel or perpendicular to one another. Additionally, the tilt and shift functions can be rotated +/- 90° in any direction for applying the movements in distinct directions.
- Tilt-locking mechanism and a large tilt knob benefit operation and ensure the lens stays in place while shooting.
- Two ultra-low dispersion elements help to reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations for improved clarity and color accuracy.
- One aspherical element minimizes spherical aberrations and distortion for improved sharpness.
- Both Air Sphere and Subwavelength Coatings have been applied to lens elements to minimize surface and internal reflections for a marked reduction in lens flare and ghosting when working in strong lighting conditions.
- A minimum focusing distance of 10.6" along with a maximum magnification of 0.5x benefits working with close-up subjects.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field techniques.
- Additional Information
Brand Canon Lens Mount Canon EF Image Stabilization No Autofocus No Filter Thread 77mm