A classic for close-ups, the Canon EF-mount 105mm f/2.8 EX DG OS HSM Macro from Sigma is a short-telephoto prime characterized by its ability to achieve a 1:1, life-size magnification along with a 1' minimum focusing distance for macro applications. The optical design employs two SLD elements to virtually eliminate chromatic aberrations and color fringing throughout the focusing range for improved clarity and color rendering. A Super Multi-Layer Coating has also been applied for greater contrast when working in strong lighting conditions.
Balancing the optical assets, this lens also features a floating internal focus design that maintains consistent sharpness throughout the focusing range. A Hyper Sonic Motor affords quick and quiet autofocus performance while an Optical Stabilizer minimizes the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting.
- Telephoto prime is designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount cameras, however it is also suitable for APS-C models where it will provide a 168mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/2.8 maximum aperture is well-suited for working in available light conditions and also provides greater control over the focus position when using shallow depth of field techniques.
- Ideal for macro shooting, this lens offers a life-size 1:1 maximum magnification along with a minimum focusing distance of 1' to suit working with close-up subjects.
- Two Special Low Dispersion (SLD) elements help to significantly reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations for increased clarity and color fidelity.
- A Super Multi-Layer Coating has been applied to lens elements in order to minimize lens flare and ghosting and contribute to producing contrast-rich and color-neutral imagery, even in backlit conditions.
- Hyper Sonic Motor (HSM), along with an internal focusing design, realizes quick and quiet autofocus performance as well as full-time manual focus override.
- Floating elements system helps to maintain consistent image quality throughout the entire focusing range.
- Optical Stabilizer system minimizes the appearance of camera shake to benefit making sharper imagery when shooting handheld.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
- Compatible with optional APO 1.4x EX DG and APO 2x EX DG teleconverters.
- Additional Information
Brand Sigma VPN 258101 Image Stabilization No Autofocus No