Covering a useful wide-angle to super telephoto range, the Canon EF-mount 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3 DC Macro OS HSM from Sigma is a flexible, all-in-one zoom characterized by its sleek design. As a Contemporary-series lens, this lens prioritizes versatility and compactness, making it well-suited for everyday and travel photography applications. The optical design utilizes a series of low dispersion and aspherical elements to greatly reduce chromatic and spherical aberrations throughout the zoom range and a Super Multi-Layer Coating also helps to control lens flare and ghosting for high contrast and color accuracy. Additionally, this lens is also adept at close-up shooting with a 1:3 maximum magnification and 1.3' minimum focusing distance.
Balancing the optical capabilities, this 16.6x zoom also sports a Hyper Sonic Motor, which affords fast and precise autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus control. An Optical Stabilizer also benefits creating sharp imagery by minimizing the appearance of camera shake. Additionally, a rounded seven-blade diaphragm is featured, which contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
- As part of the Contemporary line within Sigma's Global Vision series, this lens is designed to achieve a balance between convenience and performance, and meshes a compact, lightweight build and versatile handling with notable optical attributes.
- All-in-one zoom is designed for APS-C-format Canon EF-mount cameras, and provides a 28.8-480mm equivalent focal length range.
- One Special Low Dispersion (SLD) and Four F Low Dispersion (FLD) elements are featured in the optical design and help to reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations for improved clarity and color accuracy.
- Three aspherical elements are used to help limit distortion and spherical aberrations and also contribute to greater overall sharpness and accurate rendering.
- A Super Multi-Layer Coating has been applied to lens elements in order to minimize lens flare and ghosting and contribute to producing contrast-rich and color-neutral imagery, even in backlit conditions.
- Ideal for close-up shooting, this lens offers a 1:3 maximum magnification along with a minimum focusing distance of 1.3' to suit working with nearby subjects.
- Integrated HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor), along with a rear focus system, realizes quick and quiet autofocus, which is further complemented by an optimized AF algorithm to produce smoother focusing performance. The HSM also permits full-time manual focus control simply by rotating the focus ring at any time.
- Optical Stabilizer system minimizes the appearance of camera shake to benefit making sharper imagery when shooting handheld.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality.
- Constructed using a Thermally Stable Composite (TSC) material for greater precision and use in wide temperature variations. Additionally, a brass bayonet affords improved mounting accuracy and rigidity.
- Zoom lock switch helps to prevent accidental and unwanted zoom adjustment.
- This lens is compatible with the optional Sigma USB Dock for fine-tuning different lens characteristics and updating its firmware.
- Additional Information
Brand Sigma VPN 886101 Image Stabilization No Autofocus No