Capture sports, wildlife, and distant action with the vast zoom range of the 70-400mm f/4-5.6 G SSM II Lens from Sony. The full-frame lens offers excellent reach an uses a variable f/4-5.6 aperture to keep size to a minimum without sacrificing quality. It also uses two extra-low dispersion elements to combat aberrations and has a Nano AR coating to reduce flare and increase contrast. Along with this, the G series lens delivers outstanding bokeh, helped in part by the nine-blade circular diaphragm.
Optimized for speed, the 70-400mm is equipped with a Super Sonic wave AF Motor with an updated LSI drive circuit for four times faster tracking performance. Also, the lens has tactile controls for intuitive operation in the form of three focus hold buttons and an electronic focus range limiter switch. Additionally, it has a dust- and moisture-resistant construction and comes with a removable rotating tripod collar.
- This version II lens has been improved over its predecessor with enhanced reproduction of fine details across the frame and faster, more responsive focusing.
- Designed for full-frame A-mount cameras, this 70-400mm zoom covers a vast telephoto to super telephoto zoom range that make it suitable for close-up portraits as well as distant action. Also, it can be used on APS-C format cameras where it will provide a 105-600mm equivalent zoom range.
- A variable f/4-5.6 aperture allows the lens to be more compact and lightweight than comparable options with this focal length.
- Two extra-low dispersion glass elements are featured in the lens design to help reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing for improved clarity and color neutrality.
- A Nano AR Coating has been applied to reduce surface reflections, flare, and ghosting for increased contrast and color rendering in strong lighting conditions.
- An SSM autofocus system with an enhanced algorithm and new LSI drive circuit provides quick, quiet, and precise focusing and much more responsive performance in tracking modes. The lens also features an internal focusing design that keeps the overall size constant and helps achieve a minimum focus distance of 4.9' with a magnification of 0.27x.
- An electronic focus range limiter switch allows you constrain the usable focus range between a set limited range or full for improving focus speed, and three focus hold buttons are also featured to manually stop the autofocus at a specified point.
- Dust and weather-sealed construction benefits using the lens in inclement shooting conditions.
- The lens is equipped with a removable and rotating tripod collar for added stability and reducing strain on the camera's lens mount.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.
- The included lens hood features a filter access window for making adjustments to rotating filters.
- This lens is compatible with Sony's 1.4x and 2x teleconverters which can increase the effective focal length to 98-560mm and 140-800mm, respectively.
- Additional Information
Brand Sony VPN SAL70400G2 Lens Mount Sony A Image Stabilization Yes Autofocus Yes Filter Thread 77mm Warranty 1-Year Limited Warranty