Giving an impressive wide-angle field of view along with bright performance, the Canon EF-mount Distagon T* 25mm f/2 ZE from ZEISS is a flexible prime well-suited for a range of subjects, from landscapes to architectural shooting. The lens uses a Distagon optical concept, which helps to reduce field curvature and distortion for high overall sharpness and accurate rendering across the frame. One aspherical element and four anomalous partial dispersion elements are featured, too, which help to suppress distortion and color fringing in order to promote more accurate rendering. A T* anti-reflective coating has been applied to individual elements to control lens flare and ghosting. Additionally, further contributing to high sharpness and clarity, a floating elements system is used to achieve consistent, well-controlled image quality throughout the focusing range.
- Wide-angle prime is designed for full-frame format Canon EF-mount cameras, however can also be used with APS-C-format cameras where it will provide a 40mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/2 maximum aperture suits working in low-light conditions and also offers increased control over depth of field for working with selective focus techniques.
- Distagon optical design affords high sharpness, well-corrected image quality from edge-to-edge, and very low field curvature.
- One aspherical element and four elements made from anomalous partial dispersion glass are featured in the optical design, and all contribute to significantly reducing chromatic and spherical aberrations for improved clarity, sharpness, and resolution.
- ZEISS T* anti-reflective coating has been applied to each lens surface to help minimize reflections and provide greater contrast and color fidelity.
- Floating elements system helps to maintain consistent image quality throughout the entire focusing range, from 9.8" to infinity.
- Manual focus design is benefitted by engraved focus distance and depth of field scales.
- All-metal lens barrel and mount offers high durability and rigidity.
- A nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when working with selective focus techniques.
- Additional Information
VPN 1871-766 Lens Mount Canon EF Image Stabilization No Autofocus No Filter Thread 67mm Warranty 2-Year Limited Warranty