NIKON Coolpix A1000 Digital Camera Black 16MP 35X Zoom 4K
- 16MP 1/2.3" BSI CMOS Sensor
- NIKKOR Super ED 35x Optical Zoom Lens
- 24-840mm (35mm Equivalent)
- 1.166m-Dot Electronic Viewfinder
To collect in store, choose click and collect during checkout
Call or chat for support
Orders over $50*some restrictions apply
Shop in one of our stores
Pocketable and versatile, the black Nikon COOLPIX A1000 is a sleek point-and-shoot offering flexible imaging capabilities and a well-rounded physical design. A 16MP BSI CMOS sensor and EXPEED image processing yield high-resolution, well-defined imagery with an ISO 100-6400 sensitivity range and a fast 10 fps shooting rate for photographing moving subjects. UHD 4K video recording is also supported at 30p, along with Full HD recording at up to 60p, and still frames can be pulled from 4K footage for isolating fast-moving moments. Complementing the imaging assets is the impressive 35x Zoom-NIKKOR ED lens, which covers a 24-840mm equivalent focal length range to suit shooting in nearly any situation. Lens-shift VR benefits stills shooting at long focal lengths and with slower shutter speeds, and compensates for the effects of camera shake for up to three stops. Additionally, the A1000 is further characterized by its high-resolution 1.166m-dot electronic viewfinder for eye-level viewing, a rear 3.0" 1.036m-dot tilting touchscreen LCD, and built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth for wireless sharing and remote control.
16MP 1/2.3" BSI CMOS Sensor
A high-resolution 16MP 1/2.3" BSI CMOS sensor affords impressive image quality with enhanced sensitivity, from ISO 100-6400, to benefit working in difficult lighting conditions, along with the ability to record in the NRW raw format for expanded post-production capabilities. The sensor also affords quick performance throughout the camera system, including a continuous shooting rate of up to 10 fps.
Zoom-NIKKOR ED 35x Zoom Lens
A wide-ranging NIKKOR 35x optical zoom lens provides a 24-840mm equivalent focal length range that covers wide-angle to super telephoto perspectives, and its range can effectively be doubled through the use of Dynamic Fine Zoom for a total 70x zoom magnification. Lens-shift Vibration Reduction balances this awesome length by compensating for the effects of up to three stops of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting. Additionally, the lens' optical design incorporates extra-low dispersion glass to minimize chromatic aberrations and color fringing throughout the zoom range for cleaner, clearer image quality.
UHD 4K Video Recording
In addition to stills recording, UHD 4K video recording is supported at 30p, as well as Full HD recording up to 60p. For steadying recording, Hybrid Vibration Reduction can be used to suppress the effects of camera shake that occur while moving when recording. Additionally, individual frames from 4K videos can also be saved as 8MP stills to serve as a viable means for photographing fast-moving subjects.
Body Design and Built-In Wi-Fi
- Sleek, pocketable form factor is ideal for everyday shooting.
- High-resolution 1.166m-dot electronic viewfinder provides bright, clear eye-level viewing, which is especially beneficial when working in bright conditions.
- A 3.0" 1.036m-dot touchscreen LCD is an intuitive means for live view shooting, playback, and menu navigation, and it has a tilting design to benefit working from high, low, and front-facing angles.
- Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Low Energy work in conjunction with Nikon's SnapBridge system for connecting the camera with a mobile device in order to wirelessly share images between devices as well as remotely control the camera.
- Snap-Back Zoom Button lets you quickly zoom out from a super telephoto position to regain perspective of the entire scene and reacquire your subject. This button can also be customized to activate manual focus, aperture, ISO, exposure compensation, or white balance adjustments.
- EN-EL12 rechargeable lithium-ion battery offers approximately 250 shots per charge.
- An HDMI port permits connecting the camera directly to an HDTV for high-resolution playback.
- Built-in pop-up flash can be used for additional illumination when working in difficult lighting conditions.
Other Camera Features
- Target Finding AF automatically assesses the scene, recognizes intended subjects, and then adjusts the AF area according to the subject's size to better ensure clearly focused images.
- The contrast-detection autofocus system and Subject Tracking function also work to maintain focus on moving subjects.
- Smart Portrait System utilizes a series of automatic functions, including In-Camera Red-Eye Fix, Face-Priority AF, Face Priority AE, Smile Mode, Blink Warning, Skin Softening, and D-Lighting to produce better portraits.
- Scene Auto Selector automatically recognizes the type of scene you are photographing and selects one of six commonly used scene modes to alleviate the need to manually select your mode.
- Multiple Exposure Lighten records multiple shots into one frame to creatively capture moving subjects, such as fireworks.
- Creative Mode options let you produce artistically-refined imagery in-camera.
- Scene Modes: Backlighting, Beach, Close Up, Dusk/Dawn, Easy Panorama, Fireworks Show, Food, Landscape, Multiple Exposure Lighten, Night Landscape, Night Portrait, Party/Indoor, Pet Portrait, Portrait, Scene Auto Selector, Selective Color, Smart Portrait, Snow, Soft, Sports, Sunset, and Superlapse Movie.
- In-camera image editing modes: Copy, D-Lighting, Filter Effects, Quick Effects, Quick Retouch, Skin Softening, and Small Picture.
- Language support: Arabic, Bengali, Bulgarian, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Marathi, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese (European and Brazilian), Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese.