PANASONIC DMC GX8 Body Black #CLEARANCE
While Supplies Last!
- Capture moments with superb 4K imaging performance in both video and exclusive 4K PHOTO
- Unique, in-body stabilization in combination with select optically stabilized lenses work together for class-leading Dual Image Stabilization results.
- New 20.3-megapixel sensor achieves Panasonic’s highest image quality
- Worry-free splashproof / dustproof rugged body.
- Over 20 Interchangeable lens options available
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
To collect in store, choose click and collect during checkout
Call or chat for support
Orders over $50*some restrictions apply
Shop in one of our stores
4K Video and 4K Photo — Capture THAT MOMENT
THAT MOMENT you want to remember can occur at any time, and Panasonic's exclusive 4K PHOTO technology uses 30 frames per second in high resolution 4K Ultra HD Video to extract them as photos. You'll never miss THAT MOMENT again.
• 4K Photo feature extracts 8-megapixel photo out of a 4K video sequence up to QFHD: 3840 x 2160 pixels, 30 fps, 100Mbit/s
4K Photo Modes — Free Your Creativity
The 4K Photo function can be used in three different modes, all allowing you to capture that perfect moment at a high burst rate of 30 frames / photos per second:
• 4K Burst - burst shooting 8-megapixel equivalent images extracted from 4K video as long as the shutter button is pressed.
• 4K Burst S/S (Start/Stop) - 4K burst recording as 4K video then play, pause, and extract any frame / photo as an 8-megapixel equivalent image later.
• 4K Pre-Burst - 4K pre-burst starts recording one second before and after you press the shutter button. Perfect for unpredictable moments.
4K Video — More Detail Than Full HD
4K video delivers a far more intense viewing experience that is four times larger* than Full HD, resulting in a much higher level of detail.
* Native resolution of 3,840 x 2,160 pixels.
** When recording videos in 4K, use a card rated as UHS Speed Class 3.
Innovative, Dual-Image Stabilization
The LUMIX GX8 integrates Dual I.S. (Image Stabilizer)* for more effective results. The GX8's body I.S. works in tandem with the LUMIX lens I.S. for maximum stabilization.
* For photo.
Splashproof / Dustproof Rugged Design
The LUMIX GX8 camera body is composed of a magnesium alloy, full diecast front and rear frame. Tight seals on every joint, dial and button enable splashproof / dustproof performance.
20.3MP Live MOS Sensor
The LUMIX GX8 employs the newly-developed 20.3-megapixel Digital Live MOS Sensor that achieves high-speed bursts, ISO25600 high sensitivity, and a wider dynamic range. Combined with the Venus Engine, the GX8 achieves clear image rendering with minimum noise, even in low-light situations.
A Wide Lineup of LUMIX G Lenses
Panasonic LUMIX G DSLM (Digital Single Lens Mirrorless) cameras offer a wide variety of digital, interchangeable lenses. Many feature Dual I.S. (Image Stabilizer) compatibility when mounted to the LUMIX GX8*. Even those without O.I.S. can be used.
* Firmware update is required for some lenses.
Everything in the Right Place
The LUMIX GX8 features a premium flat body with front/rear dials to control aperture and shutter speed settings. Settings can also be assigned to eight function buttons.* In addition, it is possible to adjust the exposure compensation with a dedicated dial.
* Eight buttons on the body and five buttons on the menu.
Large OLED LVF
The LUMIX GX8 comes with a high-resolution (2,360k-dot), tiltable OLED Live View Finder which affords high visibility thanks to a 10,000:1 contrast ratio and a high 0.77x magnification (35mm camera equivalent). An optional eyecup (DMW-EC3) made of elastic material enhances comfort.
Free-angle OLED Monitor
The 1040k-dot rear monitor boasts tilt & swivel capability, making it more comfortable even for vertical composition. Plus, its touch control allows you to quickly set focus just by touching the subject on the screen.
Fast and Precise AF Tracking
With the new AF Tracking algorithm, not only the color but also the size and motion vector of the target are recognized, enabling the camera to lock on the subject even more securely.
High Speed Auto-Focusing with DFD Technology
Panasonic's Depth-From-Defocus (DFD) Auto Focus (AF) technology* instantly calculates the distance between foreground and background and quickly brings the subject into focus with one fast, continuous movement. This new system results in AF speeds up to 0.07 seconds** and a burst shooting speed with Continuous Auto Focus (AFC) of 6 frames per second.
* Contrast AF with DFD technology works only with Panasonic Micro Four Thirds lenses. ** In AFS, at wide-end with H-FS14140 or H-HS12035 (CIPA).
Focusing in Low Light Conditions — Star Light AF
Low Light Auto Focus makes it possible to focus on subjects more precisely in -4EV low light situations. In addition, the LUMIX GX8 includes a new Starlight AF feature which lets you shoot a starry night sky using auto focus.
Maximum 1/8000 second Fast Shutter Speed
High shutter speed at maximum 1/8000 second enables precise capture of fast-moving subjects, and also allows you to open the aperture in bright outdoor environments. A maximum 1/16000 second with an electronic shutter reduces washouts even under strong sunlight and 1/250 second flash synchronization speed lets you use a fully open aperture even for bright scenes
RAW File in-Camera Development
The LUMIX GX8 can shoot images in RAW-format and even develop them inside the camera.