BLACKMAGIC Design ATEM Mini Extreme ISO
- 8-Channel HDMI Live Streaming Switcher
- Supports up to 1080p60
- RTMP Streaming via Ethernet or USB-C
- Record Program Out and Individual Inputs
- 11-Input, 2-Channel Audio Mixer
- Input Frame Rate and Format Converter
- Re-Sync on All HDMI Inputs
- HD Multiview Output with up to 16 Views
- Local and Software Switching
- 4 x Upstream, 2 x Downstream Keyers
To collect in store, choose click and collect during checkout
Call or chat for support
Orders over $50*some restrictions apply
Shop in one of our stores
The Blackmagic Design ATEM Mini Extreme ISO is an 8-input live production switcher for live streaming. It features an integrated control panel and has advanced broadcast features. In addition to live streaming using RTMP protocols, you can also output your program as if it was a webcam over USB. The switcher's ISO label means you can individually record each of the eight input videos as an MP4, as well as the program output via one of the USB Type-C ports. The switcher automatically generates a DaVinci Resolve project file, so you can clean it up and make changes later. This versatile switcher's eight independent HDMI inputs accept all popular HD signals up to 1080p60. Each input has discrete frame rate and format converters, and it supports re-syncing for seamless switching between a variety of pro and consumer cameras, game consoles, and computer feeds.
Switch, add effects, color grade, and key in real time using the control surface's buttons, or via the software control panel. CCU functions are available for controlling Blackmagic Studio and URSA Mini/Broadcast/Micro Studio cameras from the switcher. The ATEM Mini Extreme ISO supports up to nine layers, with four upstream and two downstream keyers, up to four chroma keyers, up to four linear keyers, two DVE with borders and drop shadow, five pattern generators, and two color generators. Designed for live streaming or webcam, the Mini Extreme ISO has HDMI outputs to feed monitors and supports up to 16-screen multiview.
- Live stream to YouTube, Facebook Live, Skype, Twitch, Zoom, Microsoft Teams, and other platforms that support RTMP protocols.
- The front panel includes easy-to-use buttons for selecting sources, video effects, and transitions. The source buttons are large, allowing you to operate them by feel. Included on the ATEM Extreme ISO are buttons for audio mixing, recording, and streaming control, as well as output selection buttons that let you change the video output between cameras, program, and multiview. On the rear panel, there are HDMI connections for cameras or computers, extra microphone inputs, USB for webcam out, plus an HDMI "AUX" output for program video.
- You can output using the Ethernet connection to your network or use the USB Type-C output to have your switched show recognized as a webcam input by virtually any video software such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Skype, Open Broadcaster, XSplit Broadcaster, and others.
4G and 5G Phone Support
- If you're doing live production on location, the ATEM Mini Extreme models support connecting an Apple or Android phone to the USB port to use mobile data. It's also a great backup for the main Ethernet connection, so you don't drop your stream if your hardwired connection gets interrupted. The switcher will automatically switch to using the phone as the primary connection, and the USB port will also power your phone, so the battery won't drain.
- You can configure the HDMI output for multiview with 4, 7, 10, 13, up to 16 views including Program, Preview, eight HDMI inputs, SuperSource, clean feed, media player, streaming status, recording status, and audio meters.
- The ATEM Mini Extreme ISO can control the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K and 6K models when they are updated to the latest software and plugged in via the HDMI inputs. You can control your HDMI camera settings such as iris, gain, focus, detail, and zoom control on compatible lenses. Plus, you can color balance cameras, as well as create unique looks using the DaVinci Resolve primary color corrector built into the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K and 6K.
- The switcher can store up to 20 images with fill and key, and it supports PNG, TGA, BMP, GIF, JPEG, and TIFF file formats.
- It includes the ATEM Software Control Panel, and it is also compatible with the ATEM 1 M/E, ATEM 2 M/E, and ATEM 4 M/E Advanced Panels. The ATEM Mini Extreme ISO can be configured using Blackmagic's Videohub Hardware Panel Setup utility to route sources to destinations using Videohub Smart Control Pro and Videohub Master Control Pro.
- The ATEM Mini Extreme models support the direct recording of your streaming data to USB flash disks using the same H.264 video files with AAC audio that you streamed. The Mini Extreme ISO also allows you to record the eight input video channels as MP4 files. This allows you to directly upload to any online video site, such as YouTube or Vimeo. Recording to multiple disks is also supported via a USB hub or the Blackmagic MultiDock, so when a disk becomes full, recording can continue to a second disk for nonstop recording. Record settings and disk selection are set up in ATEM Software Control, and there's a record status view in the built-in multiview. You can even trigger recording on connected Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Cameras.
DaVinci Resolve Integration
- The Mini Extreme ISO saves a DaVinci Resolve project file, so with a single click, you can open your live production as a video edit. All cuts, dissolves, and media pool graphics will be loaded, allowing you to tweak and edit your live production using the recorded input footage. If you recorded the camera originals as Blackmagic Raw camera files, you can relink those and take advantage of DaVinci Resolve's color correction abilities.
- One of the benefits of ATEM Mini is the professional production values possible using the range of built-in video effects. The cut button ensures an instant cut when switching between sources. The auto button is a professional term used on large broadcast switchers to enable video effect transitions. There are duration buttons for video effects allowing 0.5-, 1-, 1.5-, and 2-second settings. You can also select the type of effect you want including mix, which does a smooth transition between sources, and dip, which fades via a color during the transition. Or use fun DVE effects that move the image off-screen when transitioning between sources.
- With two independent 3.5mm stereo audio inputs, you can connect desktop and lapel microphones, or you can connect a music player to generate introduction music after the live stream commences but before the program starts. With two extra stereo audio inputs, you can ensure a host and guest both have lapel microphones when doing interviews. All audio inputs to the ATEM Mini include buttons on the panel for adjusting audio level and enabling inputs into the audio mixer. All models feature a Fairlight audio mixer with all HDMI inputs, and both microphone inputs are all connected to the audio mixer, so you can live mix from all audio sources. The ATEM Mini Extreme also adds a headphone output.
- Hiding in the ATEM Mini Extreme models are a host of broadcast-caliber features that are accessible when connected to a Mac or Windows computer running the free ATEM Software Control app.
In the Box
- Blackmagic Design ATEM Mini Extreme ISO
- 12 VDC Power Supply with International Plugs
- Limited 1-Year Warranty